Dear fellow community members.
The XRP ledger is a public blockchain, with no governing party that can freeze or retrieve funds, close accounts or otherwise keep people from their assets.
There is a threat to XRP investors, disguised as well-meaning giveaways and airdrops, social media handles disguised as valued community members and celebrities, and websites disguised as official communication channels.
XRP Forensics are building tools to help people who have been victims and to prevent others from becoming so. Time is of the essence. From the time a victim realises they have been defrauded to when they trace their funds and to when they get in touch with an exchange, the money is often long gone.
Cryptocurrency is money and money has existing rules that exchanges and service providers must comply with - XRP Forensics aims to provide services to help exchanges and other service providers to comply with their current responsibilities, which include among others, compliance with national and international anti-money laundering and know your customer provisions.
XRP Forensics wants to help to educate other community members on the best steps to take, in the case of unfortunate events of losing funds. Do's and don'ts, how to follow the money, who to contact, what information to provide etc. We want to build the tools that make this easier, and keep exchanges and service providers responsible. We want to remind law enforcement of their obligations to help people.
Eliminating fraudulent activity is impossible, but the community can do everything in its power to push this activity off of the XRP ledger, and off of legitimate exchanges and service providers. Not by telling them what to do, but by providing addresses the community gathered by monitoring scammers online, in an attempt to make the life of scammers harder.
XRP Forensics' only wish is to serve the XRP community in the best way possible. It is easy to make assumptions about what the community wishes and needs - sometimes assumptions are correct, and sometimes they need adjustment. We invite and appreciate all criticism, concerns and feedback.
This initiative is driven by and for the community, and it WILL NOT monitor nor surveil what everyone is doing. XRP Forensics will limit its efforts to look only into those XRPL addresses that are associated with fraud. The initiative is using its knowledge of the ledger to build tools to enable others to do FASTER what they can already do using the existing API of the XRPL.
We are also building tools to allow YOU (other members of the community) to contribute to the efforts of informing your fellow XRPers of threats, scams, and ... This effort CANNOT be successful without your help and vigilance.
- The group is formed to combine community efforts to combat scams and is a forum to discuss best practices and have a collective voice to communicate findings.
- The group will be expanded to include other community members who would like to contribute to the project.
- Any member of the group is free to leave at all times.
- We value the privacy of our members, and members stay anonymous unless they decide to publish their participation.
- The group is self-funded, volunteer-based and is not connected or affiliated with Ripple, Coil, any exchanges or governments.
- Twitter handles of public members : silkjaer, alloynetworks, bithomp
- Assess reports of websites and social media by community members, for promotions of potential scams such as Ponzi schemes, phishing and giveaway scams.
- Analyze the public XRP ledger for activities to prevent fraudulent activities such as thefts, laundering and scams.
- Collect an archive of addresses tied to fraudulent activities, vetting of these to best ability and published for anyone to use at own discretion.
- In all confidence, collect evidence and victim reports.
- Cooperate with law enforcement.
- Publish APIs, tools, information and educative material.
- The data in the API is currently refreshed at hourly intervals.
- Addresses are added to our API and numbered numerically with values from 1-3 :
- The address has positively been identified as scam from social media or website with screenshots, or
- The address features in victim report with transaction detail, AND
- The address activity and connected accounts, matches the nature of the scam being reported.
- Based on activity patterns and connectivity to accounts with the status 3.
Information for exchanges and service providers on use of API
The API is free to use and comes with no obligations.
We hope you will use the published information by implementing in your existing monitoring systems to:
- conduct your internal investigation upon receipt of funds, and/or
- warn users when trying to withdraw to a listed address, and/or
- contact us at info [at] xrpforensics.org or in a direct message on Twitter, @XRPForensics, for more detail on why the account was flagged, and/or
- use the information at own discretion.
There is always a risk of wrongful blacklisting or tagging, and we are very serious about eliminating false positives. In the unlikely event that this happens, please contact us at info [at] xrpforensics.org or in a direct message on Twitter, @XRPForensics, to resolve.
We do not guarantee that any published lists or addresses are 100% correct - there is always a possibility for false positives.
We do not guarantee that any published lists or addresses are 100% complete.
Public Link to API
We encourage the community to check addresses in this list using explorers by other community members such as bithomp.com and xrpscan.com . Be sure to contact us on Twitter or by email, should you have any doubts or questions about any of the addresses.
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- mQINBFyx5qMBEADizxhO2SsZiq60/2eniMoEm7tzr+7BJFqWJeADZ0QQgX0EUw5n fzO37iQxh++Aid1EY6wfleO+IwRJBQ75vpi8EkJVGqnqROSJ20z4nRz+u7cLZmVi qRNuTJZDzm18B1fwit9iG2PhXNsVA6VnI17OBkbDSB8VsIUI3UBR7cZ52ihGD5ZF 5zi+WeN5uoOJKskLs7GLVFW8lDX9DOl4Uov+g77WudM2A1QiuFBlhbC7/8DZuzkT td+nX+zsV5fByjDcGrUhqEQhPTutSpHjXZcUtb+JwPBMbNn2KKzSYsrx1AzTuz3w abXDSH4kT/MZ2t+HuGNLOKHfI5kYhmTPPsLM8BoGFhNZhh2iiePyHDWYgKAuuIUH lvnZNb3glYQA5ZTx73eTh9QEk9xW/pFrbnvgCOvOC8TtwVe0eJy2rIewMJcpfrAf o1mA+KAA62mzNI8d5/4RNRn39BgHelTOaO9YuXhbfwZTadoeDT59L9Bs+SPKosWx wtgHP2S0OL1+9YfztNOxEzFrmmm7VdrwpSe0O0ZIUQETrn8yLXBY5Y+eE6iqITvy OaxP64S3k6NublUB62tOwoE2syBA42aHU2BOEgtScFhdf8rLVpKefEURsac8o13h w/stpEJ2NdAuiEb8VMx/fv3bU39OJGD6EGFMq5JVDEVz5qPk0hzift+hlwARAQAB tCVYUlAgRm9yZW5zaWNzIDxpbmZvQHhycGZvcmVuc2ljcy5vcmc+iQI1BBABCAAp BQJcseamBgsJBwgDAgkQmybdHxrRRMgEFQgKAgMWAgECGQECGwMCHgEAAKNIEADC Nc5/42+7VVQ7XwAzrVzsqqAgAfOBMBIF1egGUBedNH5QVm4YhMI/JaosVxfosEol ZmwwGlE30VGbbcNeb7W+FN7nCfyA4B+NoPcbuMBV2S9uxnP7vBf3CP5AAgWFEfU/ BrB4Km9z9HK7WkcNK1tvp4yhnGnVhuDYB06ynp8aFfkp9+hujALVj6rvCIqXCO0F 49bdpsBMN9cJMTr10swCSfUPosJEmJlJQLd5LZxD+yuKyBEzHGX03OTqagDLlme7 8p/1FiDADIZV4nF8jOcF4K3h+vpirP3b+BhPxZoHL6uHb1V7B42sUQdAD3yiZqTd 8vHXgq6YEABMqDXd3OTvvTGER2xIdXPu/grbc3CxPyZzmbfCOAr8v/NspuelBZLI tT+XjI/9/f8gBUpGXGyxlDWIkvE1UGhowT+wHdmA7dFS2Yivn/GSCWHWHe3IudbC KORPMKpOd5j2+Vbk51TGQZJtCK79LsKAgZUqTGgD9zZfgZHaz0pcIPs+jmWtqPog 0oZ2WEp1XpWRUgR42kNHXt7voFfJ0zHMU+9fGTNrKkUvo0WsIGwftrVpBMeS6Z3l VpRzRI9C4hMAu6lB4z8xoEpckzHpuAoE+6AyQ+GHZa9251frEJXhtff3J/HNlJV5 d3Cg1Kv/ZXJpevCkElEm9UW7A3lM3Pj3Ot1UFpgxp7kCDQRcseajARAAinSf1SrU 4prNQtEnCSfNSOABI+WqUpeplKTRvotbgjKJVFLGICNWs3srFHQpNLeLGUBeWyUK 7M0+OmREx1ytrNkeGSV8pR5rHjGb3p/4KzS/+bpeQaVEdplsMODedMqV0iYxvPmm ElGs6fOSOywWYCaI+aY6I9X6SHNygauy/8JpuY2nEhVpjR9EZFfyFBoCdLMKRGBh XBmWff0fpLRst+YWdzZ7yurpE6W0E2mwcgRRPOxc5kB0wVOTqcfpB1qu9z8vAX3U LyHAEkyGxalhfRKnZOv2/hqIN555K0CnbZ0rfcVibK+jRNS17vb4gGnz/Vn1rz1M nAxLD18Ob10tNeZafg6KHihq5CabUmiWUwhxYxutWXUJ+fQ0KewwZR6EkVD25WXC dzHRPP/K/MOSrjWDJYWScr07I0ZfJE6vVPC9Jty6N6Qr/ixdbrUGmV96ol5COw4t uODXs1qBhaNPvPvoh6y7ek7In4xSkDREZ5t3fyY6uFFivfTOYlQJiABAUjVwqD+7 VkxeSaon5skM6aBSVLeJzxFne+K19MxaI0Reyp3JV3w1+N/9LfrCVG4EObTYIRG2 SoyC8oo0nwRIa4OScCCXGHpK0FI3C6ZgjImZLZVgDWrsOT85fq4u1vuV33Soix0q +lTLcLI6U/PQGu6zgtxxk2UHKYxPCHTKE90AEQEAAYkCHwQYAQgAEwUCXLHmqAkQ mybdHxrRRMgCGwwAAEIsD/9PxPUAdgZ4+DBb/V2vOJEnmBC/rqHjaXANLBDzUI+z MjGcM73vII/2ScT3Gz5H31LBufrgqD5cSHL2XM/umKVCdhZArGGJ7MIUL4+a09C5 aMX93vsaW09d9Zi+hb5jELJZ4IzcjEip1CVVGgBZW8HldVfZGkieiQ4JA4i+9NKj VC7XxLsQh3VGT7GR14Vhuq/aCnZHzW/y311E8BMazjwdWNyMsoRbafZUAUrpDCdZ l/5ZPXKhjRcLdCh8M7WQ2Ti41R4LRm9UsNK0u3KAzSQeANE3N7FZBhMtU9W7+Utl O0IJ0+LsOwjIH0Xcf/VZkQS7lgwUxn054WWED0T15zbXxZUtWpNn8OoQRO5BJter 56iTXvyIcN71E2EvDHWx+4jIK4fRf/8T/i9v89g4+PXbewYzVsNH3SWN0weRwrKB GpQ0enZOfpuRgaUB5Q+miY5P7fBp9aY7SbXuteNFKGNqb7eVBELfdTpRrTikdfOa 694FhMwDB1dj51nwGXC2+CJhsl94mIfTc3lmNxqITxZVzPMtcmZAt2p2Hl3zqQsO PrN0HsT7bcW7pdCtkgb+XVJ2UN1S88Dh/Sg4mBx7W+8Rc1BcMQTf15YIj+/AEXF5 eVliUl8IQg566vi7WTRWzcZ85hdACdzkZ03y/sj0s2YjHXA9OzB8OzmfxPU+x/dN rA== =xfxb -----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----